Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tristan Turned Five


Really. He turned 5.  When and how did that happen.  Yesterday I brought home this precious little 8 pound 5 oz little boy and today we celebrated his 5th birthday.
Tristan has brought immeasurable joy into our lives.  He is the happiest, friendliest little person I know.  When he was 3.5 years old he was talking to EVERYONE.  Literally.  He didn't know a stranger so I started to talk with him about "stranger danger", he asked me who strangers were and I told him a stranger was anyone whose name we didn't know.  So, he just started asking people their names and then explaining to me that now they weren't strangers.  He makes me laugh daily.  God has given us this darling little boy to raise and we love him so so much. 

We celebrated his birthday on November 10th (his real birthday) by having cupcakes at school, then dinner with grandma and papa at Red Robin (a yearly tradition). Then on Sunday we celebrated his birthday with a party at the Sandy Pool. John made the cake. All of it. I think I'm going to hire him out. It took him 9.5 hours. I love that man and the sweet little boy we celebrate every day!






A quick note on Piper. We spent the day yesterday at Doernbecher's Children Hospital they did a full blood work up, including the IgA panel and it was negative. We are still on lock down, keeping her away from germs and people. But I'm starting to feel like we are headed in a good direction. At least that is what we're praying for.


2 comments:

  1. Aww, I remember that itty bitty little guy!! And I think that's the same nurse we had when Paige was born. I'm so bummed that we missed his party! The cake was adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those years go by quickly, don't they!? Our oldest is going to be 7 in a couple months! Piper is such a cutie. Happy Birthday to Tristan!

    ReplyDelete