Saturday, August 20, 2011

Perfect Date Night

My parents took Piper last night {and got her to bed!!!}, we took Tristan to Tae Kwon Do for Parent's Night Out and then John and I went up to Powell Butte and road our buttes off {he he he}.  Literally.  This is one of our favorite new rides.  It's like 400 foot elevation climb, gorgeous at the top and a blast to ride down on a 18 inch wide trail through the woods.  Riding our bikes through such a beautiful setting and spending such quality time with the love of my life reminds me of God's goodness and faithfulness.  You can see some of the leaves beginning to fall {already!} and it reminds me that a new season is coming.  Kind of like the seasons in our lives.  When things are tough {and trust me, they get tough sometimes} God sends me a simple reminder {like the leaves changing} to remind me that this is only a season.  Soon life will be different.  Then we'll get used to that season of life and it will change again.  God is faithful through it all, He in turns expects our faithfulness to Him {Rev. 2:10}  I just love Him. &I love evenings that I get to experience it all with my sweet, loving, forgiving, kind, faithful husband.





No comments:

Post a Comment