Sunday, August 21, 2011

What A Weekend

Saturday morning we got up bright and early and headed over to Bend for my good friend, Mollie's son's birthday at Bouncing Off The Walls.  We got to celebrate Wyatt turning 4 and then headed over to their house for some seriously yummy chicken and salad then made the 3 hour drive home.  I was kind of dreading the long trek there and back but as it turns out, the kids slept or entertained themselves pretty well and John and I had some great conversation.  












This morning we Jeeped it to the the Orrell's house for Awaken {church}, Keith led worship {which rocked} and we had a great discussion about serving others and what the Bible has to say about living beyond ourselves.  I love God's Word.








Then Home for our neighborhood BBQ that we hosted.  There wasn't a ton of people, but the people that came we wonderful.  We were able to meet a few new neighbors and connect a bunch of people we already knew with some other neighbors!  Then Lisa and I proceeded to kick John and Matt's rear end in a new game Matt brought over {Then John and I kicked Matt & Lisa's rear ends...but I don't want to point that out!!!}  The kids played and played and played some more, threw water balloons and ate a TON of sugar!  I love living in this neighborhood with these people.  You guys all make life so enjoyable!!  








{What did you do this weekend?}  

No comments:

Post a Comment