Saturday, October 30, 2010

My hubby Never Ceases To Amaze Me

Tristan loves Jeeps.  He gets it from his daddy.  John's been taking his Jeeps four-wheeling for a couple of years now and about a year ago he took Tris on his first four-wheeling adventure up Wild Cat and Tristan has been hooked ever since. My parents took him to a monster truck rally and that just fueled his fire.    Tristan loves Jeeps. 

When we asked Tris what he'd like for his birthday cake (usually I just make cupcakes and put fun colors on them), he said he wanted a Jeep cake.  Well, thankfully John and I have enjoyed watching The Cake Boss on Netflix.  John thought he could do it.  I am a decent baker and John is proving to be insanely creative and detail oriented.  So I made some Rice Krispy Treats, buttercream icing, fondant & 2 pound cakes)  John started to cut and form the Rice Krispy treats into a jeep and then started to dye the fondant. 

This was a trial run, Tris' party isn't until Nov 14th, but we needed to know how much of everything we'd need (A LOT), how long it would take (the better part of 5 hours) and John made this awesome cake!  I'm shocked (and pleased) a how much fun we had making this together and how awesome the cake turned out.


                                                           Carving the Rice Krispy Treats


Making the fondant

                                                                       Here we go!!!




Thanks for a fun evening sweet hubby! 

1 comment:

  1. So cute Amy! Your kids are darling...I hope to run into you soon!

    ReplyDelete