Sunday, October 10, 2010

Oh The Family Fun We Have...& Linzee's Vanilla Chai is Like Crack

A few weeks ago Tris said he wanted to be a pirate for halloween so my Mom in Law and I set out to make him a costume! We're not done yet. But a few days ago, a letter got sent home from school saying that Thursday the 14th the kids are going to the pumpkin patch and they are asked to dress up as their favorite farm animal. Well, since a pirate is not a farm animal we had to make a costume. Tris said he wanted to be a horse that was brown with white spots. I thought it would be simple enough to find a brown sweat suite...I was incorrect. I bought a pair of brown cargo pants, a white turtle neck (who knew they even made those beauties anymore) and died it brown. Then I cut out white "spots" with felt and hot glued them on. John used an old brown beanie and some brown felt and made ears on the beanie then glued yarn on for hair! I was pretty impressed by John's creativity and ability to properly use a glue gun!
Here is the final result!












Tristan earned enough "Larry Bucks" at school and bought a "cup and ball game" tonight we played "Cup and Ball" and John and I tied. Tristan just flung the ball around!






My sweet friend Linzee knows my love of all things chai and made me homemade vanilla chai! It's like crack. I think I had 3 cups of it today. Did I say it's like crack. It's like crack. Seriously, did I mention it's like crack????

John brought in all our halloween stuff tonight, Tris was pretty excited to get out all of the pumpkins and fun stuff out!

2 comments:

  1. :) You are welcome! It is just nice to bring another over to the dark side, so we can have twelve consecutive cups together!

    ReplyDelete