Sunday, October 24, 2010

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, Let down your hair...so I can put clippies in it

So in having a beautiful sweet little girl, I am realizing how much I love little hair bows!  My neighbor, Linda, showed me a simple craft in my Parents Magazine that you can do to create a darling little place to showcase all those sweet little clippies!

So here's what you need:
*  Scissors
*  A way to measure 3 yards of yarn
*  a 4 inch embroidery hoop
*  a roll of heavy weight yarn

Step 1:
Cut 42 + 3 yard long pieces of fabric


Step2:   Line the ends up together and pinch the yarn in the middle (tie a knot with a piece of yarn to keep in together in the middle) & lay the yarn on the inner embroidery hoop.  Tighten the larger hoop on to the smaller one and flip the hair over.



Step 3:
Arrange the yarn so it covers the embroidery hoop and tie a cute ribbon at the base of the embroider hoop (like a ponytail).




Step 4:
Braid the yard in thick strands all the way down

Step 5:
Tie cute ribbon around the base of the braid (leave 4-5 inches of yarn below the base of the braid) then cut off the unever yarn and inset your hair clippes into the braid!
Super cute, simple and fun craft!

2 comments:

  1. You make it look so easy!! I have decided that both of my Grand girls need one of these for Christmas filled with new hair clips! Is that a good gift?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! It looks like it would work a lot better than the ribbon ones I've seen too. Those always look so slippy I haven't even bothered.

    ReplyDelete